Using Secrets in Services
Our services often need to use secrets. Things like database credentials and 3rd party API keys cannot be put inside a docker image right?
Space Cloud provides the ability to describe such
secrets and inject them in containers in runtime.
- All secrets are made available to the containers at runtime.
- Changing secrets redeploys all services using it automatically.
- Makes the container images for flexible to use in different environments.
- You can create the secret once and use it in multiple services.
There are two types of secrets.
- Environment variables: This creates the provided environment variables in the services using it.
- File Secrets: This creates the provided files at a specific location in the services using it.
Here’s how you create the two secrets:
To apply these secrets to a service, mention them in the service configuration.
Have a technical question?
Improve the docs!